httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Randall Stewart <>
Subject sockets and such
Date Thu, 10 Oct 2002 12:23:13 GMT

I am working on getting apache2 (2.0.43) to be able
to listen on SCTP sockets as well as TCP.

This involves a small amount of work expanding the
socket_t to have a protocol field.

One thing I noted in the file

There was a comment

/* XXX this REALLY needs to be uncommnted, but it is causing problems */

right before a

in pass_request()

Now in my poking around I found what the problem was..

on the recvmsg() side of the socket  in receive_from_other_child()

the iov[] addresses were all
set to 0.

iov[0].iov_base = headers;
iov[0].iov_base = request_body;

This is most likely the problem.. I have uncommented the line and fixed
the above.. Not sure how to test it yet...  but I will let you know if I
see any problems from it..

Oh, also, once I get SCTP awareness into apache2 .. who can I send
my changes to to possibly have a look at it to see if they
would like to add it to apache?

Randall R. Stewart 815-342-5222 (cell phone)

View raw message