httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Jess M. Holle" <je...@ptc.com>
Subject Re: Antw: Re: Instructions for building aut_ldap under win32 ?
Date Tue, 08 Oct 2002 18:37:50 GMT
G√ľnter Knauf wrote:

>Hi Andre,
>

>>>What seems to be the sticking point?  I seem to recall that it was
>>>

>>1. where do I see if my APR has the ldap support included ? (I assume
>>it hasn't)
>>

>copy the file ./srclib/apr-util/include/apr_ldap.hnw to apr_ldap.h (or tweak one self
from apr_ldap.h.in

This is pretty easy as long as you've got an LDAP v3 compliant LDAP SDK...

>>2. Where should the ldap libraries/sdk be installed, so they are found
>>?
>>

>if you build from IDE best bet is to set an additional include path to the ldap sdk (this
is then not project-related, so also other modules coan be compiled with this)

Actually, I'd suggest specifying this in the project via an environment
variable and documenting this variable.

>>>the LDAP stuff has moved into experimental.  Actually, I would have
>>>hoped that someone would contribute MSVC++ projects for these and
>>>eliminate the need for questions like this.  Things were to messy
>>>

>>before
>>If I can get it building, then we might have one to upload ;-)
>>

>making the *.dsp is only the half thing (attached); place them in ./experimental, with
this you can already build util_ldap.so, but this should export some functions which mod_auth_ldap.so
needs for linking, but I dont know how to do that...
>how can I tell MSVC to create en export file so that mod_auth_ldap links??

This is pretty simple too.  Use the attached .def file (similar, but
different than that for NetWare) and include it in your MSVC++ project.

Except for having an obnoxious IDE (wouldn't it be nice if Microsoft at
least provided text areas rather than text fields for editing fields
that tend to be long in real usage?!?), there are a lot of similarities
between Windows .def stuff and AIX's .exp stuff -- which are
approximately equally obnoxious.

--
Jess Holle