httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jerry Baker <jerryba...@attbi.com>
Subject Re: Authentication
Date Wed, 02 Oct 2002 05:06:45 GMT
Jerry Baker says:
> Currently, authentication is broken with the standard Windows config
> file and current HEAD. Where is the documentation on the complete
> mess-up of the auth modules and how to get it working again?

Perhaps I should be more clear. I have a directory containing an
.htaccess file. The config for this directory includes "AllowOverride
All". The contents of the .htaccess are:

AuthUserFile "D:/Web Sites/www/users.pwd"
AuthName "Protected Area"
AuthType Basic
Require valid-user

I have the following modules loaded in the httpd.conf:

mod_authn_anon.so
mod_authn_dbm.so
mod_authn_default.so
mod_authn_file.so
mod_authz_dbm.so
mod_authz_default.so
mod_authz_groupfile.so
mod_authz_host.so
mod_authz_user.so
mod_auth_basic.so
mod_auth_digest.so

Yet, when I access that directory, I am just given an empty directory
listing. No prompt for a username or pass.

--
Jerry Baker