httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jerenkra...@apache.org>
Subject Re: new download page
Date Sun, 27 Oct 2002 21:50:58 GMT
--On Sunday, October 27, 2002 9:39 AM -0800 Justin Erenkrantz
<jerenkrantz@apache.org> wrote:

> I'm trying to write it up now.  I'm also cleaning up closer.cgi
> while I'm at it.  -- justin

Well, that took *way* longer than I wanted to.  Anyway, a rough
sketch of what I'm thinking of is here:

http://www.apache.org/dyn/mirrors/httpd.cgi

And, to prove that this new system isn't any worse than the old one:

http://www.apache.org/dyn/mirrors/list.cgi

This is a python-based CGI script that uses Greg Stein's EZT library
(much kudos to Greg for this awesome tool).  It allows for the
separation of the layout from the mirroring data.  Therefore, it
makes it really easy to do the above with only one CGI script
(httpd.cgi and list.cgi are symlinked to the same file) that has
multiple 'views' and templates.

We would probably have to work a bit on the layout and flesh it out
some, but this is the idea that I had.

Source at:

http://www.apache.org/~jerenkrantz/mirrors.tar.gz

If I could run CGI scripts from my home dir, I wouldn't have stuck
this in www.apache.org's docroot, but CGI scripts are not allowed
from user directories.  ISTR mentioning this before and getting no
response from Greg or Jeff.  -- justin