httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <>
Subject Re: new download page
Date Sun, 27 Oct 2002 00:02:36 GMT
--On Sunday, October 27, 2002 12:30 AM +0100 Pier Fumagalli
<> wrote:

> Ok, as long as it's clear! :-) I'm very dumb, but I know other
> people smarter than me who also have the same problem with
> SourceForge... You simply "forget"! :-)

Well, I agree with Pier.  I'm an idiot, too.  I absolutely can't
stand SourceForge's mirroring system (which is essentially what that
page is moving us to).  It tells me that I'm downloading a file, but
when I try to download it by hitting the link, I get an HTML file
that shows me mirrors where I can download it.  Eh, no.

To be blunt, any link from that download page must go directly to a
tarball not to a page that lists mirrors.  I've offered ASF-wide
suggestions to the mirroring problem.  I still think the best
strategy is to do round-robin DNS of (and indicate
that those servers aren't necessarily trusted).  -- justin

View raw message