httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jerenkra...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Auth: Start the httpd-2.1 branch finally?
Date Sat, 12 Oct 2002 17:37:07 GMT
--On Friday, October 11, 2002 10:00 PM -0700 Brian Pane
<brian.pane@cnet.com> wrote:

> I don't have a strong opinion about the authn redesign,
> but I do have one change in mind that would fit well in
> 2.1: async write support.  And async read support, but
> that may take a lot longer.

My belief is that you should design and code up the async support and
then we can deliberate about where it should go.  These changes
shouldn't be held up by the fact that we don't have a 2.1 yet.

Lead with the code - once the code is written or we have a plan of
attack, we can find a home for it.  IMHO, that's the only way things
happen around here.  -- justin