httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Vernon Webb" <ver...@comp-wiz.com>
Subject Linux SSL cert creation on RedHat 7.2
Date Mon, 28 Oct 2002 00:13:53 GMT
Can someone tell me where I can find a good how-to or can someone please
explain how to setup and create ssl certs and keys for an Apache driven web
site?

I've used the following to create the crt:
     openssl genra -out privkey.pem
     openssl req -new -key privkey.pem -out cert.crt

But what else do I need? Don't I need a key? I've noticed in the default
httpd.conf that the follwoing is used:

SSLEngine on
SSLCertificateFile /etc/httpd/conf/ssl.crt/server.crt
SSLCertificateKeyFile /etc/httpd/conf/ssl.key/server.key

So how do I create the key? I tried using the server's key, but when I look
at it is says localhost.localdomain

Thanks

dangerous content by Webb Solutions' MailScanner,
and is believed to be clean.