httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Richard Reiner <rrei...@fscinternet.com>
Subject Re: mod_proxy and Content-Length
Date Sun, 13 Oct 2002 18:48:11 GMT
Well, unless someone else registers some disagreement, it appears to be
unanimous:

 proxy should not monkey wth Content-Length (more correctly, proxy
 should depend on the filters to do any required chunked/C-L fiddling,
 and the filters should be responsible for always emitting responses
 which either are chunked or have a correct C-L header)

My team has also (more than once) had to hack proxy to deal with this,
but we don't currently have a well-tested patch against 2.0.43.

Does anyone else? or should we draw straws for who gets to write it?

Richard