httpd-dev mailing list archives

From fabio rohrich <rostic...@yahoo.it>
Subject mod_blank development
Date Sun, 13 Oct 2002 11:47:36 GMT
HI!
I wrote you last time about my development of a new
apache module.

mod_blanks: a module for the Apache web server which
would on-the-fly
remove unnecessary blank space, comments and other
non-interesting
things from the served page.  Skills needed: the C
langugae, a bit of
text parsing techniques, HTML, learn Apache API.
Complexity: low to
moderate (after learning the API).  Usefulness:
moderate to low (but
maybe better than that, it's a kind of nice toy topic
that could be
shown to save a lot of bandwith on the Internet :-).

So, the question is. I'm developing it for my bachelor
thesis
and my teacher told me it's too easy to develop it.
So, have you some ideas, like something to do more
(something
like compression) or other things to add in the
module.

Thanks,
F.R.

Mio Yahoo!: personalizza Yahoo! come piace a te
http://it.yahoo.com/mail_it/foot/?http://it.my.yahoo.com/