httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@lyra.org>
Subject Re: PHP POST handling
Date Tue, 01 Oct 2002 22:54:56 GMT
On Tue, Oct 01, 2002 at 03:30:43PM -0700, Rasmus Lerdorf wrote:
> > Why couldn't mod_dav be implemented in PHP? I see no particular reason why
> > not... Currently, PHP cannot because it is a filter, not a handler.
>
> We have a switch in PHP now to handle mod_dav requests actually (under
> 1.3.x)  There is no specific DAV support in there, it's just a switch that
> allows PHP to be a handler for things other than GET, HEAD and POST so
> people can implement whatever DAV stuff they want in userspace.

Sweet! That is really nice...

Also, it would be prudent to point out that we aren't
*just* talking about WebDAV methods. It should be quite possible to
experiment and try out new HTTP methods. HTTP is explicitly defined to allow
arbitrary methods (especially for experimenting prior to an RFC, as new RFCs
are released, vendor specific, or just plain ol' having fun).

Cheers,
-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/