httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Kemp <...@tardis.ed.ac.uk>
Subject Re: Keeping per-virtual host data?
Date Tue, 01 Oct 2002 09:51:35 GMT

Hi Harrie,

On Tue, Oct 01, 2002 at 10:42:57AM +0200, Harrie Hazewinkel wrote:

> www.mod-snmp.com This is an SNMP module that does per v-host
> statistics. With some modifications one could use this for the
> purpose you want.

  Thanks for the pointer.  I've had a quick look at this just now
 and it's quite nice.

  (Maybe it'd be a good idea to have the source unpack into it's
 own directory ;)

> The only problem you encounter is that the statistics exist in a
> side process and you have to make some connection from each
> Apache child to the side process.

  Sure.

> If you are willing to put all the data into temp files that could
> be OK. However, in order to avoid dead-locks and many locks for access
> to this you better fork of a process that only writes into it where
> all children just can read it.

  After a bit of trial and error I've managed to get the effect I
 want.  My big mistake was using 'per_dir_config' rather than the
 per server config.  Once I'd corrected that the rest flowed fairly
 easily.

  (Reading the virtual host from the mod_status is trivial, and that
 allows me to do everything I need to do).

Steve
---
# GNU MP3 Streaming
http://www.gnump3d.org/