httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@lyra.org>
Subject Re: POST
Date Tue, 01 Oct 2002 17:12:37 GMT
On Tue, Oct 01, 2002 at 12:27:25PM -0400, Ryan Bloom wrote:
> On Tue, 1 Oct 2002, Greg Stein wrote:
> > mod_dav causes the bug in default_handler to be exposed.
>
> Nope.  The default_handler relies on other handlers to run first, so that
> it only gets the requests it is supposed to get.  Even if we change the
> default_handler to only serve GET requests, the bug still exists, because
> the bug is in mod_dav.

What do you mean "nope". Stop trying to be so Right. There is a bug in the
default_handler. I just committed a fix.

And I *already* said there is a separate issue/bug. You don't have to keep
beating the damned horse and continue to disagree to try and show that
you're the guy with all the answers. It's really annoying. You could just
say, "yah. default_handler does have a bug, but both need to be fixed [but I
already fixed the mod_dav one]".

> > A secondary issue is how mod_dav alters the dav-handler in a way which
> > disables POST to a CGI. You've fixed this latter issue (altho it breaks the
> > RFC 2518 requirement of checking locks before allowing a POST). I think we
> > should figure out a different hook to use for that check.
> >
> > While the "fixups" hook isn't really intended for this, it would seem a good
> > place to do the check. mod_dav already hooks it, so that should be fine.
>
> The fixups hook is definately intended for this.  The handler phase is
> only intended for actually generating content.  Mod_dav isn't generating
> content for a POST request, thus it shouldn't be trying to handle it in
> the handler phase.

/**
 * Allows modules to perform module-specific fixing of header fields.  This
 * is invoked just before any content-handler
 * @param r The current request
 * @return OK, DECLINED, or HTTP_...
 * @ingroup hooks
 */
AP_DECLARE_HOOK(int,fixups,(request_rec *r))

As I said: this hook isn't quite "right", but it will serve our needs.

I'll tweak mod_dav to fix the POST checking.

Cheers,
-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/