httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Bojan Smojver <bo...@rexursive.com>
Subject Re: mod_logio patch testing Re: [STATUS] (httpd-2.0) Wed Oct 23 23:45:19 EDT 2002
Date Sat, 26 Oct 2002 00:01:30 GMT
On Fri, 2002-10-25 at 15:31, Brian Pane wrote:

> The only test case in which mod_logio didn't report as small a
> byte count as expected was when I used telnet as the client and
> stopped it (with ctrl-C) while the server was still sending the
> response.  A syscall trace on the server showed that, after I
> interrupted telnet, the httpd did the remainder of its sendfile
> calls (each one of which managed to send the next 48KB of the
> requestd file; that appears to be a kernel limit) very, very
> quickly. I think that's just because telnet did a half-close
> and continued reading and discarding data until the server
> closed its end of the connection before actually exiting.

I have observed the same. However, if I closed xterm in which telnet was
running, instead of pressing Ctrl-C, the behaviour would change and
sizes were different. I agree with you that telnet probably continued
reading, although not displaying it. There is no way an 80 MB file (in
my test) could fly by my eyes that quickly :-)

Bojan