httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Stuart <jstu...@computer-city.net>
Subject RE: Auth: Start the httpd-2.1 branch finally?
Date Sun, 13 Oct 2002 10:39:28 GMT
Speaking as an end user, my problem is this:

Module development.  PHP STILL does not officially support Apache 2.  It
is still marked as experimental.  Mod_perl still doesn't support Apache
2.

For me, these are the 2 third party modules I use.  Yes, the onus DOES
rest on the developers of these modules to port over.  However, if the
API keeps changing underneath their feet... I can understand WHY it's
taking them as long as it has to "officially" support Apache 2.0.

And now you want to create an Apache 2.1!  Oy!  Give the third party
developers a LITTLE bit of time to catch up. :)

--
Jeff Stuart <jstuart@computer-city.net>