httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Bojan Smojver <bo...@rexursive.com>
Subject Re: apache 2.0.43: %b not showing "bytes sent" but "bytes requested"
Date Sat, 12 Oct 2002 02:22:49 GMT
On Fri, 2002-10-11 at 18:58, David Burry wrote:

> This should also be a concern for anyone who's using mod_logio to charge for
> bandwidth, because customers should be concerned about some serious
> overcharging going on here!

Only if you charge for outgoing bandwidth. On incoming bandwidth, I
think it should be pretty accurate because it won't count what wasn't
received.

Anyway, I think what's causing this problem is the fact that mod_logio
calculates the length of all brigades that are ready to be sent out. If
the sending gets interrupted in the middle, the whole thing gets
reported, instead of just the buckets/brigades that were actually sent
out. Maybe I should use (AP_FTYPE_NETWORK + 1) instead of
(AP_FTYPE_NETWORK - 1) for the output filter (i.e. count after the
sending, not before). I'll give it a try...

Bojan