httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Aymerick Jéhanne <ajeha...@yahoo.fr>
Subject UDP Support
Date Tue, 29 Oct 2002 19:00:04 GMT
I want to add UDP Support to Apache, and i can see that I'm not the only one
(there were already discussions about it in August and September on this
list).

Ok, but before starting to code, I want be sure to understand the "Protocol
Modules" logic.

For example, if I want HTTP, Echo and POP3, here is an example of
httpd.conf:

Listen 7
Listen 80
Listen 110

<VirtualHost *:110>
POP3protocol on
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost *:7>
ProtocolEcho on
</VirtualHost>

But now, if I want to serve HTTP, HTTPU, Echo, UDP Echo, and POP3,
I need something like that (with a new directive ListenUDP to setup UDP
Listening Sockets) :

Listen 7
ListenUDP 7
Listen 80
ListenUDP 80
Listen 110

<VirtualHost *:110>
POP3protocol on
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost *:7>
ProtocolEcho on
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost *:7(UDP ???)>
ProtocolEcho on
</VirtualHost>

Ok, now i need your opinion: "Is this logic ok ?".
And if so, we will need to improve <VirtualHost> syntax to specify the port
type.

If you are ok with this, I'll start coding this stuff...

Aymerick JEHANNE
ajehanne@yahoo.fr