httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@attglobal.net>
Subject Re: compatibility with C++ modules
Date Fri, 06 Sep 2002 16:27:13 GMT
Aaron Bannert <aaron@clove.org> writes:

> On Fri, Sep 06, 2002 at 11:55:17AM -0400, Jeff Trawick wrote:
> > Though we probably don't want to be in the business of pretending to
> > support C++ modules in general, they certainly work with Apache on
> > some platforms and we could at least make it simple for the user to
> > specify the command to invoke to link httpd.  This would default to
> > the C compiler, but could be forced by the user to be g++ or aCC or
> > whatever.
> >
> > ?????  --with-httpd-linker=g++  ?????
>
> LD=g++ ./configure ...  ??

definitely a more appropriate user interface, though it seems optimal
not to bring any C++ rtl init/term logic into ab, htpasswd, and
friends since it would only be necessary for httpd

> (I wondered why this didn't Just Work last time I tried it a few
> months ago, and stuck it on my todo list to fix it...)

rules.mk is why it doesn't Just Work :)

LINK     = $(LIBTOOL) --mode=link $(COMPILE) $(LT_LDFLAGS) $(ALL_LDFLAGS) -o $@

--
Jeff Trawick | trawick@attglobal.net