httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@attglobal.net>
Subject Re: compatibility with C++ modules
Date Mon, 09 Sep 2002 11:09:55 GMT
Andy Cutright <acutright@borland.com> writes:

> hi,
>
> so could you possibly speak those unspeakable hacks you've made to
> apache to run c++ modules on hp? we're trying to get a c++ module
> linked into 2.0.39. any help would be appreciated. we can take this
> particular aspect of the discussion out of this forum, if you'd prefer,
>
> cheers
> andy

really ugly...

save build output in log file (with LTFLAGS=' ' so the commands issued
by libtool are saved) and re-issue the relink of httpd using aCC
instead of cc (find the command in the log file and mangle it)

note that Apache binbuilds are broken on HP-UX...  in the same relink
I added the +s loader option (to respect loader environment variable)
and converted

  /path/to/libaprutil.a /path/to/libexpat.a /path/to/libapr.a

into

  -L/path/to -laprutil -lexpat -lapr

so that the libraries are found dynamically.

Obviously this needs to go in the real Apache build but I didn't have
time to do the right thing.

--
Jeff Trawick | trawick@attglobal.net
Born in Roswell... married an alien...