httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@attglobal.net>
Subject compatibility with C++ modules
Date Fri, 06 Sep 2002 15:55:17 GMT
At about the same time recently that I was doing horrible,
uncommittable hacks to the build to get Apache 2.0 to support C++
modules on HP-UX, somebody wrote a PR against Apache 1.3 pointing out
the same issue I encountered: If httpd is to properly support C++
modules, it may need to be linked with something other than the C
compiler front-end, depending on the compiler and the platform.

Though we probably don't want to be in the business of pretending to
support C++ modules in general, they certainly work with Apache on
some platforms and we could at least make it simple for the user to
specify the command to invoke to link httpd.  This would default to
the C compiler, but could be forced by the user to be g++ or aCC or
whatever.

?????  --with-httpd-linker=g++  ?????

--
Jeff Trawick | trawick@attglobal.net