httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@apache.org
Subject Re: How Do I Create A Per-Worker Pool?
Date Wed, 25 Sep 2002 19:13:47 GMT
On Wed, 25 Sep 2002, Ian Holsman wrote:

> Leonardo Javier BelÚn wrote:
> > I think I have a question to ask associated to this thread: How can I
> > implement a "global pool" of objects. Let me say it better, I want a global
> > pool of database connection, first because I have a limited number of
> > connections and second, because I want to be able to dominate the dbms
> > accesses. All developed as an "ansi C" apache module, but I thing is the
> > same. I'm running Apache 1.3. Is this the same thing? Leonardo Javier Belen.
> > AFIP-AR
>
> Have a look at apr_reslist.c in the apr-util/misc directory.

apr_reslist.c actually won't work in this case.  He is trying to use
Apache 1.3, which means that the connections would need to be shared
across processes.  In general, it just isn't worth doing a connection pool
with 1.3, because of the overhead of the process model.

Ryan

550 Jean St
Oakland CA 94610