httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@apache.org
Subject Re: Releasing 2.0.41
Date Fri, 06 Sep 2002 20:58:20 GMT
On Fri, 6 Sep 2002, Dale Ghent wrote:

> On Fri, 6 Sep 2002, Greg Stein wrote:
>
> | On Fri, Sep 06, 2002 at 02:12:10PM -0500, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
> | > There are a few other little bugs that I'd like to fix so that 2.0.41
> | > holds most folks for a month or few.  I have no objection if you simply
> | > want to use an interim tag so we consume only the bug fixes.  But it's
> | > possibly easier just to hold off till Monday, if you wouldn't mind.
> |
> | People usually have free time on the weekend, so the release is more easily
> | done then.
> |
> | You can always do a 2.0.42 next week if you'd like.
>
> argh, we have to remember... Apache 2.0 is GA, not beta!

No, it is not.  Apache 2.0.40 is GA.  Apache 2.0 is a nonentity.  2.0.41
will start out as alpha, then be moved to beta, and finally to GA when and
if we believe it is GA quality.  Do NOT believe that just because 2.0.40
was GA, 2.0.41 will be too.  We specifically said that wasn't true for
2.0.

Ryan

550 Jean St
Oakland CA 94610