httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@apache.org
Subject Re: mod_mime on virtual requests?
Date Wed, 04 Sep 2002 13:45:47 GMT
On Wed, 4 Sep 2002, Justin Erenkrantz wrote:

> Someone recently brought up the fact that they couldn't add a PHP
> filter to a SVN-served repository via AddOutputFilter.
>
> I think this is due to the following issues:
>
> 1) type_checker is a run_first rather than run_all.
>
>    Any reason why this isn't run_all?  Switching it would allow
>    mod_dav's hook and mod_mime's hook to run.  I'm not sure what
>    the reason is for run_first.
>
> 2) mod_mime only looks at the r->filename in find_ct.
>
>    What would be nice is if there were a way for mod_mime to
>    also look at path_info as well.  That may or may not be
>    wise in all situations but for the SVN case where the resource
>    isn't file-backed and the rest of the file info is stored in
>    path-info, that should happen.  (Smells like a config directive.)
>
> Thoughts?  And I wonder how the hypothetical ap_resource_t would
> play into this.  -- justin

It is run_first because each response can only have a single content-type,
and the only reason to use that hook is to get the content-type.  This is
also a performance issue.  If mod_mime finds the c-t, then mod_mime_magic
shouldn't be run.

What is mod_dav doing in the find_type hook?

Ryan

550 Jean St
Oakland CA 94610