httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Shantonu Sen <s...@MIT.EDU>
Subject Re: Jaguar autoconf bug
Date Thu, 12 Sep 2002 04:12:10 GMT
I'm confused. Are you actually reporting something that causes Apache to
fail to build, or are you just propagating misinformation because it's on
a web site?

Apache has built fine for me since 2.0.40 (for which I submitted some
patches to get sigwait identified properly, which were graciously
accepted).

I'm not sure I understand the extent of the bug in the autoconf code.
Isn't it just doing a compile-time test to see what the function prototype
for setpgrp is? If so, passing 0 or 1 is irrelevant, since the code will
never actually be run.

How does Apache fail because of this, or how do other projects fail which
might affect Apache?

Shantonu