httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Yassar S" <yass...@infosys.com>
Subject Apache module performance
Date Sat, 14 Sep 2002 08:02:56 GMT
Hi,

 We have developed an apache module for our application.

 We did some testing with webLoad to find out the round trip
 time for a simple case. And the average round trip time taken was around
 8ms (with just one load).

 The break up showed that, elapsed time from the start of the
 module to the end was around 2.5ms. And the elapsed time b/w
 the module end and the start (of the next request) was around
 5.5ms.

 Is it an acceptable performance?
 Is there any way to reduce the time taken by Apache to route the
 request to the specific module? Has someone done some performance
 evaluation for Apache modules?

 We are using Apache 2.0.40 on WinNT.

Thanks
Yassar.