httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "johannes m. richter" <johannes_rich...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: Is the HTTP-version in a request case sensitive?
Date Sat, 14 Sep 2002 19:16:55 GMT

>There are a number of bug reports for 1.3. and 2.0 regarding how
>we assume that the HTTP version part of a request is case sensitive
>(ie, it must be something like "GET / HTTP/1.1" and not
>"GET / http/1.1") but is that correct?

I looked it up in the HTTP/1.1 RFC (ftp://ftp.isi.edu/in-notes/rfc2616.txt)

Quoting:

    "literal"
       Quotation marks surround literal text. Unless stated otherwise,
       the text is case-insensitive.

[..]

    The version of an HTTP message is indicated by an HTTP-Version field
    in the first line of the message.

        HTTP-Version   = "HTTP" "/" 1*DIGIT "." 1*DIGIT

quote end.

And it doesn't state that it is case sensitive.. so I understand it that it
is case-insensitive.

HTH.
johannes

--
You kissed a girl?! That is so gay!  -- Jimbo (Simpsons)
- http://jgcl.at/ko/ - new photos from summer camp 2002 in Moosen/Tirol