httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: Fixed htpasswd?
Date Sat, 14 Sep 2002 03:55:30 GMT
That wasn't all that was borked here.  This file is a total mess, and
needs to be entirely refactored.  We are trapping on situations that
are not errors and shouldn't be expected to work (fail to open a non
existant file for append?  Duh.)  And we entirely fail to look for errors
and report them when we should.  The Apache project put its name
behind this code?  Bleck.

I've gone ahead and committed the fixes I proposed earlier, including
undoing all the bogus perror()'s.  With luck I will attack again tomorrow
morning.  Until this code is modestly respectable, -1 on 2.0.41.

Bill