httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: Releasing 2.0.41
Date Fri, 06 Sep 2002 19:12:10 GMT
At 01:43 PM 9/6/2002, Sander Striker wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I hereby volunteer to be RM for 2.0.41. (tag this weekend).
>Objections?

If we say Monday it gives us time to...

1) shake out the new docs nits that folks are raising [and the docs
    folks are fixing unbelievably quickly!!!]  That's going to be the #1
    coolest thing about the 2.0.41 for most users.

2) run a few regressions.  some folks are still complaining about pdf
    byteranging on some unix platforms.  Undoubtedly, these are
    broken apr sendfile implementation issues.  To best stress this,
    you need a response constructed of mixed text plus sendfile
    chunks (such as byterange generates.)

There are a few other little bugs that I'd like to fix so that 2.0.41
holds most folks for a month or few.  I have no objection if you simply
want to use an interim tag so we consume only the bug fixes.  But it's
possibly easier just to hold off till Monday, if you wouldn't mind.

Bill