httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rodent of Unusual Size <Ken.C...@Golux.Com>
Subject Re: El-Kabong -- HTML Parser
Date Tue, 10 Sep 2002 14:09:58 GMT
Jon Travis wrote:

> The ASF is apparently not about working together, since I (and
> everyone else who is not on the PMC list) have been entirely left
> out of all this conversation which is going on behind closed doors.

I suspect that's rubbish, Jon, since this is the first I've heard
of this issue.  It's certainly the first thing I recall seeing on
the httpd PMC list.

I'm 'way behind on my dev@httpd mail (about 1k messages), so I assume
that's where the rest/origin of this discussion is.

I suggest everyone take a step back and a deep breath, and start
again.

> That's quite the attack (and one which fits in well with your
> "concepts of community and respect"?) .

Pots and kettles..  I have in mind an ApacheCon submission entitled
'Why Apache Sucks', which wasn't terribly respectful. :-)

Again, let's step back and cool off, and try reasoning rather
than emoting.  There's a lot of frustration here, apparently,
and I suspect some miscommunication and/or assumptions of
what others know.
--
#ken	P-)}

"Millennium hand and shrimp!"