httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Pane <bri...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Filters question
Date Wed, 04 Sep 2002 16:59:19 GMT
Aaron Bannert wrote:

>On Wed, Sep 04, 2002 at 06:06:59PM +0200, Graham Leggett wrote:
>

>>Is it possible to read brigades from two filter stacks simultaneously?
>>

>No, and the need for multiplexed brigade read/writes has been
>brought up before, but never fully designed nor implemented.

It's worth noting, though, that the building blocks for
doing this are already in place.  The pollset API allows
you to pass in a void* associated with each file descriptor,
and it returns that void* whenever the fd is signalled in
a poll.  So we have an efficient way of mapping an I/O
readiness state to the right brigade.

Brian