httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Paul J. Reder" <rede...@remulak.net>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Location of aaa rewrite
Date Wed, 04 Sep 2002 01:51:58 GMT
Please vote:

[X] Check in aaa rewrite to 2.0.
[ ] Check in aaa rewrite to 2.1.

Jim Jagielski wrote:

> Lesser of 2 evils, IMO. Breaking backwards compatibility for the 1.3
> community and the early 2.0 adopters is painful, but I think
> spreading resources towards a 2.1 tree is even more dangerous and
> painful.

I agree with Jim's logic. It isn't ideal, but I think it is the best answer.

It is an important update that the users are going to want. It is happening
early enough that it won't impact too many users. It keeps us from spreading
ourselves too thin, trying to develop on multiple branches and keep them in
synch. I think the thought that has gone into this should make folks feel
more comfortable that it will happen less and less from here on in. The bar
gets higher each time.

So I say lets move ahead and get the code into the 2.0 tree and get it
working as quickly as possible.

--
Paul J. Reder
-- Albert Einstein