httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Van Biesen <peter.vanbie...@vlafo.be>
Subject Re: Vote: mod_jk connector in /experimental
Date Tue, 03 Sep 2002 12:16:48 GMT
Mladen Turk wrote:

> > I'd like to start a vote to get mod_jk in the apache core
> > distribution.
>
> The jk is not in the TC distribution, but rather in the
> jakarta-tomcat-connectors.
My mistake.

> > It seems silly to me to leave it in the tomcat distribution,
>
> That's your opinion, and you should first ask the question to the right
> dev group.
Both groups are involved, the httpd AND the tomcat group. I was just
asking, no pressure ... ( calm down, please 8-| )

> > what if an other container implements the protocol ?
>
> Yes, what if?
Then they should always come to tomcat to get an interface to ajp ...
d'oh. Proving that it actually belongs in the httpd distribution.

> > most apaches will use mod_jk anyway.
>
> How did you get to this statement? By experiment?
Did we get out of bed with the wrong foot ? Coffee cold ? Yes, by
experiment, I'm not in a position to do an exhaustive search, you know

> MT.
Anyway, I gathered that apache was a organization that promoted public
initiative. Apparently, it is not appreciated. I hope your attitude will
get you far in your carreer ( probably a management position, I'm sure
... ).

The vote has ended.

Peter.