httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Re: Segmentation fault when downloading large files
Date Mon, 02 Sep 2002 08:19:53 GMT
Peter Van Biesen wrote:

> I'm using a proxy chain, a proxy running internally and forwarding all
> requests to an other proxy in the DMZ. Both proxies are identical. It is
> always the internal proxy that crashes; the external proxy has no
> problem downloading large files ( I haven't tested the memory usage yet
> ). Therefor, when the proxy connects directly to the site, the memory is
> freed, but when it forwards the request to another proxy, it is not.

Not necessarily. Your outer proxy that doesn't crash might have more RAM
in the machine, or the inner proxy has already crashed, not allowing the
outer proxy the opportunity to have a request large enough to crash it.

Have you tested the outer proxy with a large file on it's own, ie a file
greater in size than the box's RAM+swap?

> Anyhow, I'll wait until the 2.0.41 will be released, maybe this will
> solve the problem. Does anybody know when this will be ?

Pull the latest HEAD from cvs and give it a try to see if it is fixed.

Regards,
Graham
minfrin@sharp.fm
	"There's a moon