httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Re: Segmentation fault when downloading large files
Date Sun, 01 Sep 2002 16:03:19 GMT
Peter Van Biesen wrote:

> I now have a reproducable error, a httpd which I can recompile ( it's
> till a 2.0.39 ), so, if anyone wants me to test something, shoot ! Btw,
> I've seen in the code of ap_proxy_http_request that the variable e is
> used many times but I can't seem to find a free somewhere ...

This may be part of the problem. In apr memory is allocated from a pool
of memory, and is then freed in one go. In this case, there is one pool
per request, which is only freed when the request is complete. But
during the request, 100MB of data is transfered, resulting buckets which
are allocated, but not freed (yet). The machine runs out of memory and
that process segfaults.

Regards,
Graham
minfrin@sharp.fm