httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jerenkra...@apache.org>
Subject Re: POST
Date Tue, 01 Oct 2002 03:01:58 GMT
--On Monday, September 30, 2002 7:32 PM -0700 Greg Stein <gstein@lyra.org>
wrote:

> Maybe we can being a long-term planning doc on how Apache will move away
> from knowledge about the FS to an agnostic point of view? And then
> identify the steps on that path, and which will break compat.

+1.  Let's start to really sketch out what it would mean to move towards a
layered/abstracted delivery system.  It's messy, but, if we break it down
and come up with a series of goals, it may not be as bad.

I now believe that we have at least two potential drivers for this - SVN
and the 'real' filesystem.  So, there's actually something to be gained by
adding this.  Before, there wasn't a tangible benefit to be gained.

Does anyone have a good idea where to store notes?  httpd-2.0?  httpd-site?
I already have some thoughts and open questions that we could start to toss
around...  -- justin