httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@lyra.org>
Subject Re: POST
Date Mon, 30 Sep 2002 22:55:28 GMT
On Sun, Sep 29, 2002 at 10:33:08PM -0700, Justin Erenkrantz wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 30, 2002 at 01:17:55AM -0400, Ryan Bloom wrote:
> > Because 2.0.42 always displays script source for CGI scripts that use
> > POST, I believe that we should put that notice on our main site, and stop
> > suggesting 2.0.42 for production use.
>
> I could not reproduce your problem in my tests.  Do you have a clear
> reproduction case?  (POSTing to a DAV resource for me yields a 404.)
>
> Is it somehow related to mounting a DAV repository at / and the
> server getting confused about the /cgi-bin/ dir?  -- justin

It has little to do with DAV. Try a POST to a static page. I just did the
following:

POST /foo.html HTTP/1.0
content-length: 10

abcdefghijk
HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2002 22:46:28 GMT
Server: Apache/2.0.42-dev (Unix) DAV/2 SVN/0.14.2 (dev build)
Last-Modified: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 11:18:02 GMT
ETag: "8af32-3b-e3d4ee80"
Accept-Ranges: bytes

In any case, Ryan suggested that mod_dav shouldn't set r->handler for
methods that it isn't going to handle. That is arguable. The resource *is*
located within the URL space designated as being under mod_dav's control.

The bug here is default_handler()'s serving up POST'd documents.

A secondary issue is possibly refining mod_dav's handling. But that is a
*very* deep problem. The specified resource might not be in the filesystem,
so it would be *invisible* to Apache if mod_dav doesn't handle it. The grey
area is when you're working with mod_dav_fs.

Cheers,
-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/