httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jerenkra...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Saving request state when client uses byte ranges
Date Fri, 27 Sep 2002 16:00:55 GMT
On Fri, Sep 27, 2002 at 02:11:47AM -0700, dev-return-33593-apmail-jerenkrantz=apache.org@httpd.apache.org
wrote:
> Can anyone suggest a way around this problem?  Is my shared memory idea
> workable?  Is there another way that I'm just blindly missing?

Well, one thing I'd guess you could do is only charge when they
receive the final byterange?  (Yes, a client could request it
out-of-order or do everything but the last byte, but...)

You could use shmem, but that'll fail whenever the server is
restarted.  And, I'd guess byteranges would be most prevalent
(in normal use) when the server is restarted.  =)  -- justin