httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Bennett <thomas.benn...@eds.com>
Subject httpd_ldap: session time out
Date Thu, 26 Sep 2002 22:26:09 GMT
Hello,

I have had two problems using an MS exchange server :) to autheticate.
The first is that ldap queries allways return a dn with and extra cn attribute
as as below:
cn=qzlg4d,cn=Recipients,ou=EXNZ01,o=ABC
but when you try and bind with the same dn it fails unless you remove the
cn=Recipients. Now I do not know anything about Exchange or the way it is set
up but I created a patch to blank this out which I guess cannot be put in to
httpd_ldap but I include it anyway.

The second problem is that when connections to the exchange server go away (I
presume Exchange closed them after some time interval) httpd_ldap does not
detect this and close them. I include a patch that closes a connection when
server down is detected and finds another connection. In the patch for this I
have included a fix for arguments to util_ldap_cache_compare() being in the
wrong order that somebody put n a bug report for.

--
Regards
Thomas Bennett