httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dirk-Willem van Gulik <di...@webweaving.org>
Subject instdso.sh - basename confusion
Date Tue, 24 Sep 2002 11:31:42 GMT

One for the libtool experts:

In instdso.sh we do a 'basename $2' - which I assume is intended to strip
of any .so ??

	DSOARCHIVE=$2
	DSOARCHIVE_BASENAME=`basename $2`

But should that not be:

	DSOARCHIVE_BASENAME=`basename $2 .so`

Or are there platforms where basename strips extensions -without-
specifiying them ?

Then we continue to strip it further for .la's:

	DSOBASE=`echo $DSOARCHIVE_BASENAME | sed -e 's/\.la$//'`
	TARGET_NAME="$DSOBASE.so"

So it kind of seems double.

The problem is right now for me that I get complains from either not
finding a mod_foo.so.so or it reducing it to a move of just mod_foo.

Thinks work (on Solaris) when I add the .so to the above basename. But I
do not want to commit this fix as I do not understand the implications.

Dw