httpd-dev mailing list archives

From hiroyuki hanai <ha...@imgsrc.co.jp>
Subject resolving aaa related symbol in auth_provider.c
Date Wed, 11 Sep 2002 09:50:54 GMT
Fresh installation of the current httpd-2.0 with the configuration of
`--enable-so --enable-mods-shared="all"' cannot start up.

This is because the order of loading aaa modules is somewhat messy as
follows;

In httpd-std.conf, mod_authn_file.so and mod_authn_dbm.so are loaded
before mod_auth_basic.so and that's why httpd fails.  If
mod_auth_basic.so is re-ordered to be loaded before mod_authn_file.so
and mod_authn_dbm.so, httpd will run well because
the function `authn_register_provider' is in mod_auth_basic.so.

I don't know the best solution but I guess some fix is needed.

cheers,

hiro hanai