httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <>
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0/modules/aaa
Date Tue, 10 Sep 2002 07:07:04 GMT
On Tue, Sep 10, 2002 at 08:51:09AM +0200, Graham Leggett wrote:
> I don't see the auth_ldap stuff included - is it on the cards to be part
> of the rewrite?

Yeah, ldap is kind of on the radar screen, but it can keep using the
same external auth API (none of the external APIs changed - just how
the aaa/ directory is structured and how our default modules behave).
So, it isn't urgent to change auth_ldap right now.

I just checked in the provider rewrite (not complete - can't do
multiple providers), but functional enough so that we should take
stock of where we are before going further.

The LDAP code fits squarely in the provider section - it should be
able to expose itself via the authn_provider structures and then
mod_auth_basic (and perhaps mod_auth_digest) can use ldap.

I probably want to see the ldap code land in aaa/ldap/ as I'm not
100% sold on cluttering up the aaa/ directory more.

The other thing is that I bet the ldap code could be greatly
simplified by using the new reslist code in apr-util.  -- justin

View raw message