httpd-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Mads Toftum <>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Location of aaa rewrite
Date Wed, 04 Sep 2002 11:24:38 GMT
On Wed, Sep 04, 2002 at 01:07:38PM +0200, Henning Brauer wrote:
> It's easy enough to create a 2.1 branch in CVS and developing the new auth
> stuff there until it's stable. then syncing changes done in the 2.0 stuff in
> and releasing 2.1 seems fair to me, opposed to destabilizing the whole 2.0
> tree now.

I don't think people are talking about branching here - the 2.1 solution would
be a new repository.
Personally I don't see what the big problem is in checking it into the 2.0 repository,
the changes would be minimal on the configuration side and it should be fairly easy
to throw an error message if the server hits an old config. Looking at the docs for
1.3, there are several things that has been changed in how the config works up to .12
or even later - as long as 2.0 has no more users, the impact should be minimal.
If people are worried about this holding off a release, then why not consider what will
probably take the shortest time - stabilizing this new bit of code or getting a new
release rolled. If a new release is likely to happen within a couple of weeks, then
wait a bit - otherwise go ahead and get it in there.


Mads Toftum
`Darn it, who spiked my coffee with water?!' - lwall

View raw message