httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Pane <brian.p...@cnet.com>
Subject Re: CGI bucket needed
Date Thu, 26 Sep 2002 05:12:55 GMT
On Tue, 2002-09-24 at 21:43, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:

> The thought is, if we call pass_brigade or read_brigade in a
> non-blocking mode, and nothing can be processed, we get back
> a bucket containing a pollset of some sort (either multiple handles
> assembled by all the intervening filters, or multiple pollfd items
> each in their own bucket, each appended by the read.)
>
> It would then be possible to assemble a pollset for CGI processing,
> dealing with all of the intervening filters.

Where would you poll the pollset?  If the poll is in the
handler, there's still a risk of deadlock when the handler
passes data to the output filter stack (specifically, there's
a risk of deadlock in the C-L filter).  But if the poll is
in the filters, it will be difficult to get the right code
invoked when a pollfd is signaled (because the necessary
code might be in a completely different filter).

Brian