httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Bojan Smojver <bo...@rexursive.com>
Subject [PROPOSAL]: Add two fields to request_rec
Date Wed, 18 Sep 2002 03:07:32 GMT
I'm proposing to add two extra fields to request_rec structure:

apr_off_t bytes_in
apr_off_t bytes_out

These babies would be used to record the number of bytes received and sent (on
the  wire) per each request. I'm writing a little filter module (with a lot of
help from Justin :-), to do the actual counting. The logging of these numbers
would require a patch to mod_log_config.c, which is already done. There would
also be some other changes required throughout Apache 2.0, mainly to do with
making sure that connection filter have a valid value of f->r.

I wanted to find out if there would be enough support for such a change as it
makes a significant difference to the code of the module.

The unfortunate side effect would be yet another MMN bump.

Bojan