httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Bojan Smojver <bo...@rexursive.com>
Subject I/O logging: more rambling...
Date Sat, 07 Sep 2002 08:40:23 GMT
Given that the algorithm from mod_accounting, which I tried to adopt for
this, is not quite correct (or should I say, it is 'quite incorrect'
:-), I have tried to follow (without code for now), some of the advice
that I was given by various people on this list (thanks!). So, here is
what seems the most likely scenario that I would pursue:

- don't do anything for 1.3 (switched to 2.0 entirely :-)
- for 2.0:
  - create new module, which will be both the input and output filter
  - only ever to one thing in filter functions: apr_brigade_length()
  - store the results in the the module private data structure
  - log the thing later, using the brand new log_writer thingy?

My understanding is that the 'brigades' are passed from filter to filter
(using ap_pass_brigade() for output and ap_get_brigade() for input
filters), so I should be able to catch all of them (is there more then
one?) for the given request and simply add up the input and output
number of bytes. As far as I can tell, the above input/output filters
should be the very last ones, in order to make sure all input and output
is covered.

Any input appreciated...

Bojan