httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "David Hill" <ddh...@zk3.dec.com>
Subject Re: the listener thread didn't exit
Date Fri, 06 Sep 2002 20:13:37 GMT

> This part, though, sounds like a new problem.  Do you have a way to grab
> a stack trace of one of the stuck processes when this happens?

Apparently this is somewhat reproducable, it happened again. Problem is ....
too much to look at, 14 processes, 25 threads per and me hunting for a
needle :-) . Guess I will have to try to tighten down on the runtime
parameters and see if it will fail again.

However, rooting through one of the 14 processes, I seen a trend in the
traces though, many of them are stuck under alloca() under apr_poll. looks
like I will need to talk with my libc folks and see if there are any known
issues under there as I am running on a prerelease version of the OS. It
feels like a locking issue inside alloca() at the moment.

Dave