httpd-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Chris Taylor" <>
Subject Re: [TALLY] aaa rewrite
Date Thu, 05 Sep 2002 23:50:02 GMT
Hash: SHA1

Given this argument, might I suggest doing a release before these AAA
changes are started, then at least all of the patches between 2.0.40
and now can be made GA?

Also gives more time before "the public" start wondering where things
are (if the AAA changes should take a long time). :)

Chris Taylor - The guy with the PS2 WebServer
Email: - PGP:

- ----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Aaron Bannert" <>
To: <>
Sent: Friday, September 06, 2002 12:36 AM
Subject: Re: [TALLY] aaa rewrite

> On Thu, Sep 05, 2002 at 04:26:22PM -0700, Justin Erenkrantz wrote: 
> > aaa rewrite belongs in:
> > 
> > 2.0: rbb, brianp, dreid, gstein, jim, rederpj, striker, trawick,
> >      ianh, gs, bnicholes
> > 2.1: dpejesh, chris, aaron, hb
> > 
> > If someone would like to do a release before I check in the aaa
> > changes, I'd be game to hold off until Monday or Tuesday.
> How long do you think it will take to get the auth changes
> stabilized enough to make a GA-quality release? If this is more
> than about a week, I *strongly* urge you to branch.
> The worst thing that could happen would be to have us run into a
> security problem that needs to be fixed right away. Without a
> branch we would have to revert all the auth changes back to a
> working state (you're going to make a tag anyway, right??), make
> the release, and then stick it all back in again. That's much
> uglier than just doing a branch in the first place.
> Also, there's no reason that the auth branch would need to keep up
> with changes in HEAD. Instead, those who want to work on this stuff
> can make it work with 2.0.41-dev, and then once it's done take a
> day or so to merge those changes back into HEAD. This seems much
> less painful to me than forcing everyone else to deal with the
> instability.
> To put it more clearly: I am -1 for any long-term breakage of the
> currently-stable 2.0 tree.
- -aaron

Version: PGPfreeware 7.0.3 for non-commercial use <>


View raw message