httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "David Hill" <ddh...@zk3.dec.com>
Subject the listener thread didn't exit
Date Wed, 04 Sep 2002 22:11:50 GMT

Hi all,
    I am seeing log messages saying "the listener thread didn't exit". This
is coming out of the housekeeping stuff in the worker module. I am using
2.0.40 and Tru64. I *think* it is happening when the server is trying to
reduce surplus clients.

    On a possbilly related note, I am seeing this when whacking the server
with ab (repeatedly), and after a while seeing the server stop responding
(although in one case it seemed to come back). The server is still acception
connections, just not processing them (at least a telnet connects, but I get
no response)

    Is anyone aware of or chasing this or something like it ?

thanks,
    Dave Hill