httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Brad Nicholes" <BNICHO...@novell.com>
Subject [PROPOSAL] Move AUTH_LDAP to /experimental (was: authentication rewrite)
Date Tue, 27 Aug 2002 15:27:16 GMT
   Now that 2.0.40 has been released and we are in development of .41
and the fact that there has been a proposal for re-architecting the AUTH
modules, I would like to propose that we move AUTH_LDAP out of it's own
project and into experimental.  This will enable AUTH_LDAP to get more
exposure as an external module, allow it to be included in future
releases of Apache 2 for testing and stabilization, and make sure that
it is not overlooked in future development.  LDAP is an important
authentication method and should be supported in Apache.

Brad

Brad Nicholes
Senior Software Engineer
http://www.novell.com

>>> john@sterls.com Tuesday, August 27, 2002 8:53:19 AM >>>
Hi -

Shouldn't a new thread be spawned for an(other) ldap vote (its deja vu
all
over again :)

sterling