httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@attglobal.net>
Subject Re: 2.0.40 (UNIX), mysterious SSL connections to self
Date Fri, 30 Aug 2002 01:21:27 GMT
"jb2002@pc9.org" <jb2002@pc9.org> writes:

> Looking into the matter, I discovered that this error is logged whenever a
> connection from localhost to localhost:443 is made. The errors ALWAYS occur
> after apachectl startssl; they never occur with apachectl start.

I'd bet that this is idle server maintenance (taking down a child
process which isn't necessary).  The non-SSL path doesn't log an error
for a dummy connect but evidently the SSL path does.

The connect to itself isn't a bug, though it would be nice to avoid
the SSL complaints.  Try swapping the order of your listen statements
to see if that gets rid of the complaints (i.e., if the dummy connect
to wake up a child is then done to the non-SSL socket).

--
Jeff Trawick | trawick@attglobal.net
Born in Roswell... married an alien...