httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rasmus Lerdorf <ras...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Thread-unsafe libraries in httpd-2.0
Date Thu, 15 Aug 2002 19:17:24 GMT
> FWIW, I'm +1 on what Rasmus says - at least for widely used libraries.
> Obviously anything internal to PHP is PHP's problem. But anything
> everyone uses is our problem.
>
> However, I would advocate fixing the libraries rather than wrapping them
> where possible.

Yup, definitely.  They aren't always open source or sometimes they are
just architecturally not fixabled.  Step 1 is to gather information.  I
have committed an initial short list to

httpd-2.0/docs/manual/developer/thread_safety.html

where I plan on keeping track of stuff as the PHP bug reports flow in or I
dive into each library to check out the code.

-Rasmus